best brands for plugs/leads/coils etc ?

excort

I always just use standard NGK plus. only thing i've ever done leads on, i just got some decent 8mm ones from repco etc.

champion are crap for lastability, as stated in 80s volvo workshop manuals -

problem - engine misses. check spark plugs. if fitted with champion units, discard... :wink:

I'd use the champions in something that fouls the plugs with oil, as they give better resistance to this (spark 'heats up' faster, apparently: been told this by a few guys). we've got a shit old bedford that comes iinto work every couple motnhs running on 6 cylinders. since putting champions in it we haven't seen it... :lol:

and yeah, make sure you get the correct heat range for the application blah blah blah.

I agree, champions are bullshit. I've seen one fall apart under hot conditions.

NGK all the way for me. As for coils, I rate the MSD blaster series. I did a back to back test with a BlasterII vs a Bosh GT series coil and the difference was huge. The bosh GT was absolute shit in comparison.

I use silicon high temp 8mm leads..

NGK all the way for me. As for coils, I rate the MSD blaster series. I did a back to back test with a BlasterII vs a Bosh GT series coil and the difference was huge. The bosh GT was absolute shit in comparison.

yeah I heard that MSD were awesome. well worth the slightly higher price tag etc

what version of the bosh GT did you try.

the standard looking 1 or the sealed coil pack looking 1.

i have the coil pack looking 1 and ive had no problems at all.

cold starts its great and it seems ok at 7500 rpm

seems ok at 7500rpm or do maybe you don't know what you are missing? :wink:

Mine was the red cylinder one. Complete crap, and I even told the place I bought it from and they said a lot of people complain about them. Fine for a normal car but when you get into serious stuff then such things can be everything. We had constant problems when I first got my turbo setup running and as soon as I binned the bosh GT everything smoothed out nicely.

And like I said, when we put the bosh up to the blaster it was pathetic in comparrison. Pissy little white spark and the Blaster has a huge fat blue spark you could arc weld with.

yeah the 1 you tried was the oil type and they are shit i wouldnt even use 1 in a honda.

the 1 i use is a transformer type

which acccording to there specs

NEW TRANSFORMER DESIGN PRODUCES FATTER SPARK.

i had talked to a couple of ppl with v8's and they were using them.

Ive had mine for over 4 years now and had no problems.