intercooler piping

Guest Scheme

What palces do custom intercooler piping at a good price? I've seen chomr pipe kits go for about $600 which I think is stupid, I don't need chrome intercooler piping.

fuck mate how much do ya want to pay? youd pay more for em if ya got magoos to do them than buyin them. any GOOD exhaust shop could make them up. you need to find somone who has a mandrel bender or do them in sections using donuts so the tube doesnt narrow at the bends like normal bent exhaust tube

the chrome one you saw for 600 prob was polished stainless steel, quite good for intercooler piping cause it dosent rust on he inside but mild steel will and alloys a bitch to weld but disapates heat good but way expensive.

can't reconmend any places tho sorry, i jst make my own.

Magoos would do it relatively cheap, we use them for quite a bit of work the premade kits I think were all polished alluminium. How much would one usually look at paying to get some custom pipes bent up..

Just saw polished alluminium piping on trademe go for 1k, bent for silvia.

Work at a relatively big workshop, any of the chev's etc we look after that get new exhausts we send to them.. is intercooler piping generally quite expensive?

Yeah thats true, Or if you can offer a trade back to them that is usefull.

All of my mates have always got their pipe sussed in their cars first and tacked them in place. Then take them in to be welded properly. Saves alot of money.

Also try around metal scrappies for pipe. Mate got a whole lot of 2.5 inch stainless + bends from a steel wreaker in Kaurau (between Rotorua and Whakatane) for real cheap. Think they were pipes from Tasman that got replaced. Cleaned up like new.