4k knocking

Guest Scheme

heh yeh, its a motor I put in my mates car... he bought it in a rolled and bowled starlet for $100, I told him to give me the whole weekend to take it apart and replace bearings etc, but he knew better and asked me just to do the swap, heh. definately sounds like a knocking noise and gets worse the higher the rpm.

yea gave it a mobil super oil change, its definately not a ticking sound, its quite a loud knock. The tappet could just be loose as shit, but its not a normal tappet sound I've come across those enough before. Could be a cracked piston, maybe bent pushrod. I'll have to pull the motor apart in the weekend.

Just havent come across the problem in a 4k yet.

it was a bogan 4k anyway, it was leaking oil out the sump, had a water leak in the thermostat housing gasket and the water pump which I fixed up, it also had moisture in the rocker cover and I warned him about that, but he knows better. :) I still get paid for putting the motor in so meh, dont really care.

yea mate had lifter come away from roker arm and hitting rocker cover but if its realy bad buy buy bottom end big ends make a big knock knock when there stuffed dont over rev it or it will say boo out the side off block or sump best to drian oil and strip down id say few hundy for complete rebuild