rubber

RT

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nah.. can't even remember my original wheel size to be honest. And besides, the speedo will need recalibrating soon once the W55 gearbox goes in..

Oh yep. Well the main point I was making is that a 225/50 R15 isn't going to be the same diameter as a 265/50 R15. One will look like a balloon, and one wont.

I listen.. just don't care :wink:, about the balloon look, it's a drag car mainly not made for cornering hard. Otherwise I would have done things much difference.. the problem I have is traction! ..or the lack of.

However, I'm probably gonna go for a 225/50 on the rear, or possible a 235/55/15 and get the rear lowered again to level it out.

Guest WESTCORT

havent driven on my eagars but from what ive read here they have shitty grip? is this entirly true?

and imo go for the fattest u can get on the back RT unless cost is a issue.. fat tyres are staunch

eagers grip ok but they wear out quickly apparently although i've never had any myself. But my mates eagers have worn out heaps faster than my uniroyals.

yeah I've got the new diff under there and by the looks of it I have a fair amount of room to fill. a 235 would be perfect but I can't get em in low prof 50's.. so either its a 225/50 or a 235/55 which will be quite tall, raising the car up at the rear so I would need a 1/2" lowering blocks or something I think.

from my experiance eagers were a hard wearing tyre which is why they are shit for grip and why the rota boys love them cause they spin soo easy. and when you do skidz they smoke but don't wear out :twisted:

Nah eagers are soft and wear fast. Smoke good because they are soft.

Alot of people here mock them I have seen. I have driven on multiple sets of eagers and in my eyes they are good tires. Better than any of the other shit i have had. Nankang, Silverstone, cheap Michelins. The set of toyo proxy t-1s were better though. But they damn well should be for the price.