Changing Engines

B PORTN

he's giving you shit because there's always a lot of questions like yours up around school holiday time, usually a bunch of schoolkids dreaming and you never hear any more of it.

there are people that come through though, and forums like this are a good source of information. sometimes its better to read through a bunch of old posts first though to give you a basic idea of what can and can't be done or you'll just end up getting flamed. most of us would have been the ones getting flamed at one time or another, thats why i usually hold back.

basically no engine made by a different manufacturer is going to bolt straight into another car, they will all require at least modified mounts. this goes for quite a lot of engines and car's made by the same manufacturer as well.

i'm not saying your a dreamer, and its pretty easily doable if you want to, but the trouble you'd need to go to wouldn't be worth it for a shitter unless you can weld and do all the work yourself, otherwise you'd be spending waaaaaayyyy too much coin on something that will never be that flash.

feel free to prove me wrong though, i'm always keen to see something different.

cheers

Matt

Guest premierautos

I agree it will be as good as your pocket allows, most conversions are simple mass done stuff, but really a rwd motor and box into a rwd vehicle is very simple, seen Lexus in a Sigma last week, put a pajero 4g63dt in an sigma at work for a custumer once, get into shit like the targa car for steve millen then your into a MAJOR headache, BA Falcon XR6 turbo mid mounted into a FWD 2004 Ford Focus, converted to RWD !!!!!!!!!!!!!