rust treatment

Guest Scheme

Guest Scheme

Have a look at this image below, and tell me what you would reocmmend to spray up in there to stop/slow the rust that's in there, short of cutting and welding stuff back together :P

the rest of that rust in the image I can take care of, thats at the very back of a ke70 wagon where the rare door is...

Cheers,

Sam.

rust6hu.th.jpg

Cut it out and replace it, and find where the water got in to cause it. Only way to stop it coming back, then whack some POR15 on it to be sure.

Callum

POR 15 make a product just for that job,you will need a underseal gun that you screw a container on to.It's a oil that is attracted to the rust then sets like other POR15 products,and who the hell cares what it costs,if you spend it now you won't be spending it later when the rust does'nt ruin your mega priced paint job...right!? :idea: I use it on my mercs to seal the sill sections,whicjh are open around the jack points,(and you wonder why those old Mercedes had such rotten sills?)

Guest Scheme

just finished ripping the paint off the rear guard of the ke70 wagon, there is some black shit (rust) underneath the paint in the corner where the rear window seal usually would be, it wasnt visable while painted over but once the paints off its quite obvious.

is it bes tot cut all the black shit out and bog it, or is it ok?

• 1 month later...