alternator problems

WildPlumDx

Nah that's the main wire from the battery, so NO WAY you could put it somewhere else. So you'd have to get that sorted before you get the alternator fitted.

It shouldn't be THAT bad anyway! The stud and nut are usually made of a pretty soft material so they don't normally rust. Can you get another small open end spanner on the alternator side of the broken terminal to help hold the whole thing from turning? Should be able to get enough leverage with just a spanner on the nut :?

doesnt look like its off a nissan.

three diamond logo in centre...

Yeah I'm aware of that and had my reasons for thinking it's off a Nissan.

But yes as Mike has just said, there are heaps of cars out there with Mitsubishi's alternators and electronic ignition parts to name a few.

Yep Nissan actually use quite a bit of Mitsubishi stuff. They often use Mitsubishi starter motors and solenoids.

Mazdas use Mitsubishi distributors and ignition systems.

Mitsubishi make semiconductors and other electronic components found in many vehicles too.

And people still mock Mitsubishi :P

its off my l200 ute! and pilers just dont got the guts to hold it can u open it up get it from the back?

if its anything like the alternator off my V300 then just undo all the bolts around teh middle band and prise apart carefully with a screw driver. Prise both halves off the middle ring before doing anything and check whiich half is connected to the centre band, keep these close (or you will break it like me :D)

then you should have full access. :D