GTX overfueling

davidian

hey guys,

ok my mate just sussed a GTX but been giving us heaps of problems...

uses gas like fucking mad, as in 20 bux gas from avondale to mt albert and back twice or so (for out of towners its like.... 10 km if that).

airflow meter was buggered so he stuck another one in but that one was fucked with in the past so not too shure bout it. running no air filter on the end of it either. fuel filters are sweet although they dont pump fuck all gas out, cleaned the fuel pumps and banged them around and they make the whining noise like its all good (?). the car doesnt spark up, turns over fine but struggles to start. we tried putting a small amount of oil and engine start down the sparkplugs to try and get the compression up, no luck.

any clues?

also does anybody know what the deal is with TWO fuel pumps in gtx's? under the rear seat one on left and one on the right.. is one return or something?

if anyones got pumps for sale, holla!

cheers

yeah i dont know if he tested it or not.. but he had to do a bore wash after using some fukin gas that was drained out of a diesel van in his workshop.. so there must have been diesel in his gas.

squirted some oil down the bores to get the compression up and it got it going for a while but still with massive consumption

now it turns over and aaaaaaalmost starts when i squirt engine start down the hose that goes down the injection, but not quite

hey dont ya know this is oldschool .co.nz not homofamilia.com :lol: :lol:hahaha nah seriously have ya checked the fuel pressure regulater if its fucked it wont b bypassing fuel at low revs and could cause flooding and the excessive fuel usage you discribed