cammy woes

Guest blown4

Guest blown4

put a kent fast road cam(reground to the specs) in my cortina 2ltr ohv today but now it wont fukkin idle,its"cough"auto"cough"and when put in drive it puts out and dies.

i done it as per the"haynes manual"so i know the timings ok.

ive heard of reground cams being done wrong but its sposed to be a reputable firm.

any usefull ideas,im stumped and dont really want to have to redo it.. :x

it doing that because you still have the stock torque convertor on the auto. with a warm cam they like to idle abit higher and have a little less vacuum when ya put it in gear the convertor pulls the revs down enough to stall the engine. my cortina was totally undriveable with the stock convertor i put a 3000rpm stall in it gives it a bit of slip down low so the motor can make a bit of power b4 it starts to drive the wheels. best bet 4 u is to put a manual in it

Guest blown4

i was told it was so mild it wouldnt effect the auto at all,i have the idle as high as it will go,it idles albeit roughly(cam maybe?)but wont idle in drive

gotta gas it a bit when going into drive as i take off,not good on the new diff(standard ratio)

i drive this car every day and have to go to work tomorrow,goes good on the open road,but "pinks"a bit.adjusting the timing only makes things worse.

STRESS FACTOR 10....

Guest blown4

i took it into Tuning and Performance today,they came up with the same answer as me;the cam guys fucked up the grind so now i have to do the fukkin job over again GRRRRRRRRR!! and buy another cam,lucky i havent piad for the bad one so i can still take it back and shove it up their....

Well u get the point.

Am i allowed to put the name of the cam guys on here as a warning to others to steer clear??

Guest blown4

i am fitting a BRAND NEW :D cam this weekend so i'll wait till then when its confirmed to be the problem,then i'll let yoose fullas know so you dont get caught out this way.i'd hate to bad rap a business for no reason. :oops:

i hope its just a one off cock up from these guys,i'd hate to thing this happens often from them. :rolleyes:

Guest blown4

I had a standard cam in the car,the whole engine was stock in fact.When I drove it into the shed it was running fine but the cam had bad wear on it.I put the new(reground)cam in and it run like a big bag of hairy arseholes now(by the way,the rockers were ground as well and buckets made up to fit the valve tips which is spose to be right)but im putting the NEW cam in tomorrow so we'll see what happens,i'll keep yoose posted....

Guest blown4

well there we have it then,put the new standard cam in today and it runs beoooooty!!So it appears it was a shit grind so as promised....CamCo in rotorua were the wankers who fukked it for me.so they will be getting it back tomorrow and wont be getting any money from me!!

Guest blown4

oh and as for the "auto to manual",i prefer the auto at the moment as i travel up north ALOT and prefer the auto as i travel throo Aucks during peak hours if u get wot i mean.. :?