clutch prob

davidian

hoping someone can help....

I put the gearbox and clutch back in the 4wd, and it ran sweet. but on the open road, in 4th and 5th gear if I nail it the engine over-revs and the driveline takes a few seconds to catch up to the revs. on easy acceleration it picks up no prob.

also, on a steep gradient it cant handle the load. was coming up the bombays last night and she revved like fuck but hardly got up the mountain :x

any clues? cheers

Guest Eddie W

Well, I reckon Cam's right. Undoubtedly clutch slip and it's not unknown for the hydraulic side to stick if the pistons wind up in a different spot. Back off the hydraulic pipe at the slave cyl for a start and see if the clutch arm moves to return.

Eddie

what car and what brand clutch?

nissan terrano. umm clutch brand i fogot.. some heavy duty UK made clutch plate (red & blue box)

the clutch is in the box perfectly and the hydraulic fluid has been bled and ajdusted.

Ill have to check the hydraulic pipe to see if its returning properly. also i have a doubt that there might have been a sligh bit of grease or something on the pressure plate thats making the clutch plate slip cause i used an old one that was in good nick but didnt sand it down, just cleaned it

what car and what brand clutch?

nissan terrano. umm clutch brand i fogot.. some heavy duty UK made clutch plate (red & blue box)

the clutch is in the box perfectly and the hydraulic fluid has been bled and ajdusted.

Ill have to check the hydraulic pipe to see if its returning properly. also i have a doubt that there might have been a sligh bit of grease or something on the pressure plate thats making the clutch plate slip cause i used an old one that was in good nick but didnt sand it down, just cleaned it

hah, i'd never do a clutch plate and not the pressure plate, just causes problems, as you're experiencing now :x