Enlighten me.... Wheels

droppdkp

Hi ive got an 82 dx sedan that i've bought 13x7 cheviot wheels for(similar to spitfires). They fit on the rear sweet but dont have any thread to work with on the front. People have said they should fit if they're RWd mags(can't see this type of mag being front wheel), I reckon I'll need longer studs but I thought I see what you guys( and girls) think. Cheers

just get a new set of mags with less backspace

heard of wheel fall off due to use spacers and longer studs,

my front shocks wont allow me use mags with more than 11.5cm---12cm backspace,depends on tyre.

Ok jacked the car up and the porblem(which i expected from last time) is the stud are different lengths. 2 are 21-22mm ands the other 2 are 16-17mm on the passenger side. Drivers side has 1 shorter stud. So looks like 3 longer studs. The heads of the short studs have been whacked off somehow has this happened to anybody else?

my ae86 had gay studs like this, only way around it is slightly longer studs at like $8 each, and new hub seals.

Personally I'd go to TWL, grab 8 7/16" Trailer wheel studs, drill the stud holes the tiny bit extra to fit them in (ask them the drill size, can't remember it off hand) and it'll be chur, only thing being you'll have different wheels nuts front to back, due to the metric/imperial difference, shouldnt be a prob though

shouldnt cost more than $6ish for studs, I used to sell them for about that

holla

Guest Eddie W

I've seen studs shortened ( my daughters Mitzi) and it was fairly obvious that it had been done by some dickhead in a tyre shop crossing the end of the thread and just hacking off the buggered bit. Discovered the problem when I went to fit the new mags I'd got her, One chopped on the drivers side and three on the pass. side all at the front. Sheer bloody incompetence and I'd love to get my hands around the prick's throat. Got new ones from Repco. I'd say just replace the ones that have been chopped with the correct length.

And watch tyre and WOF shops like a hawk. Stand beside them trimming your finger nails with a nice big sharp knife and scowl a lot.

I had one WOF "mechanic?" try to jack one of my Alfas under the plastic side skirts and another one I bought had been jacked under the sump, breaking the oil pickup and stuffing the motor.

Eddie

I've seen studs shortened ( my daughters Mitzi) and it was fairly obvious that it had been done by some dickhead in a tyre shop crossing the end of the thread and just hacking off the buggered bit. Discovered the problem when I went to fit the new mags I'd got her, One chopped on the drivers side and three on the pass. side all at the front. Sheer bloody incompetence and I'd love to get my hands around the prick's throat. Got new ones from Repco. I'd say just replace the ones that have been chopped with the correct length.

And watch tyre and WOF shops like a hawk. Stand beside them trimming your finger nails with a nice big sharp knife and scowl a lot.

I had one WOF "mechanic?" try to jack one of my Alfas under the plastic side skirts and another one I bought had been jacked under the sump, breaking the oil pickup and stuffing the motor.

Eddie

and some mechanic hammer on the studs without the nuts screwed on top of studs,so they had to cut the top of studs off when they found out the nuts wont go on the "compressed" studs top