Strut Brace Wntd

di0n

Make one, if you dont know how, see if a mate can, will cost about $30 for pipe, bend them, and then make some circluar strut top plates, and weld your pole to that, wouldn't be too hard, and cheaper than buying one :wink:

Maybe it's just me, but surely that brace wouldn't provide the same stiffness and rigidity as a simply bar from strut to strut. ??? :?

With the two section of pipe bent the way they are, it would be stiffer than normal but still allow a bit of flex one would think? I don't know, maybe I'm going mad.

• 2 weeks later...

My mate wants his car to have all the genuine parts so i dont know that making one is an option. Would probly be haeps cheaper to make one though.

Thanx.

Anyone know where i can get 1?

Guest Eddie W

Downdraft or sidedraft? Cause the sidedraft one is easy and the twin downdraft as used on the RS200 had a brace that I think went bac.k to the heater plenum. Not as stiff but as the tubes are half as long they are twice as stiff( approx.) A tube has to be quite a lot bigger to handle loads in compression than in tension.

Eddie