Where is my water going?

Leebo3

well if ur car blows white steam out the back of the car after it warmed up , then yea it probably is , check your coolant if its milky then yep , another way of testing is take ur rad cap off put it back on (just to equalise pressure) , statrt the car and run for 30seconds , then stop and take the cap off , if theas pressure then u probably do have a blown headgasket between the chamber and the waterjacket , however it could just be lost out the overflow , i have to top mine up every week cos that happens , way to fix it , get a overflow tank haha , just my two cents

cheers

james

if your rad cap is stuffed it will not hold pres and will blow the coolant out. another good sign the a head gas has gone start up the car and take the rad cap off if you get a geyser of coolant or heaps of bubbles then it could b blown. have a look at ya oil if its milky then its got coolant in there its prob blown between a coolant passage and an oil gallary

yeah stick you fingers in your oil cap and see if you can find any creamy shit. If you've blown a headgasket then it will be mixing water with your oil making that white shit.

You'd also notice oil in your radiator water..

Like someone said, check your cap if the rubber seal is fucked then it won't be pressurising and will be blowing out the cap. Or you've got a hole in your rad. which would be obvious.

Or chances are the frost plug at the back of the engine or the head has blown out and needs replacing. Only cost 5$ but you have to take the engine out to wack a new one in there....

Guest quickkit@yahoo.com

Check for bubbles in your radiator or oil, and check for water on your dipstick too! Try compression testing each cylinder aswell :)