nice easy multichoice question...

danger

A or B?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. A or B?

• (A)
    • (B)

If your all as lazy as me you wont wanna do a nice long reply so I'll make it multichoice, because I like multichoice.

My big ends are sad again in my Benz cos I didnt do a crank regrind, just polished up the journals a little with the sump off.

I've now got to pull it all out and do the regrind I should have done in the first place. The question is:

Do I need to do all the big-end journals or just the one thats shagged?

(A) YES

(B) NO

Im just worried that if I only do one whether having a lighter side to the crank will throw it out of balance or anything.

I appreciate any answers, extra marks are available for tips or explanations.

If you dont know the answer, DONT VOTE!

Cheers.

Wow guess I fucked that one up, it was a Monday though.

Uh yeah Im not sure if I can buy single bearings or not. I think it might still work out cheaper to get a set of oversizeds and use only one and get only one journal reground, no idea what that costs.

Top marks to you both though.

Excellent!

Yeah is that all it costs for a regrind? I remember working for a guy who was fielding his own stock car team and it cost his 300 for his V8s crank grind.

Yeah I've only just replaced the bearings and itd only been running for an hour max before they shot out. It'l only be the fourth bearing im sure.

The mercs got a stupid fan that is magneticly opperated so it wont spin unless its got power to the magnets to make it grip the shaft, this isnt working which is why they blew so fast. Thanks though, I will do them all

Yeah thats kinda stating the obvious, still figured itd be $150, $150/4= about $40 a journal, seeing as only one needed done I thought I might have been able to save some coin.

I will do them all though, thank you very much

P.S. you all get full marks :D