TA22 roof console ?????

WLDRX2

Hey guys, I've got a 1973 ST TA22 , the cars all sweet but it's got the strangest roof console, it's got a centre light two map lights a rear light for the back seat and a speaker , also a hole up the front that is missing something.

Now I love TA's but I've never seen one of these before, and damn it's ugly.

Anyone know if it's a factory thing or was someone just very lucky to find a roof console that fits so bloody well to the shape of a ta22 roof.

Oh yeah one other thing, I'm 6 foot 5 and damn I'm cramped in the thing, anyone ever moved the seats in one of these? I need to get Them back a few inches more.

I tried a set of evo 1 recaros that I've got but they sat higher than the factory ones. HELP !!

its pretty hard to find a set of seats that fit better than the factory ones, i've got series 6 rx7 ones going into my TA23 but they're probably closer to the roof than stock ones if anything. do a search on http://www.toymods.org.au forums, heaps of those guys have done seat swaps.

as for the centre console GT's had one, and RA28's, is your roof material stretched over steel rods or a hard cardboard type thing? the higher spec cars had the hard cardboard one's with centre consoles but it wouldn't be hard for any auto upholsterer to fit a new roof lining, prices start from around $250 if you've already got the rods and depending on the material and colour.

cheers

Matt

In regards to roof consoles, although not Toyota, specific JDM models of C110 (Nissan Skyline) came with them also, no export models did, is it the same for Toyotas? (I know where one is for mine that I'll probably get at some stage.. just cause I like my little bits of random JDM trim. :D )

Thanks for the info guys.

The roof lining is stretched over the steel rods type.

So the big questin is what sort of interior light does a standard ta22 have? is it standard toyota item ie could I get 1 from a ke30 / sr coupe etc ? or are they someting different ?

cheers

Regan