radiator leak

Guest kornstar

Guest kornstar

how much does a radiator hold? cos ive been noticing little water stains where i park my dailydrive, a 88 corona s/w, so i took a look in the radiator and it was dry and empty. It must have been like that for weeks and i never noticed it, so i filled it up with like 4 litres and it went empty again. problem is i cant find the leak because the timingbelt is directly over the exiting radiator hose... does anyone no about how much it would hold?

Guest kornstar
waterpumps cost near $100 and are a piece of piss to replace,

hmm i dont think youve seen my engine bay, under the timingbelt etc it may be easy enough to replace the pump itself but i cant afford to pull it all out(the timimg belt,cover, and there some other shit) then not no how to put it all back together again lol :rolleyes:

looks like the expensive mechanics job :twisted:

Guest kornstar

cos you cant get much cheaper than diesal, lol, 30 bucks fills the tank and lasts about 400-500 km at the moment, and thats only city, town driving.

Well, the Laurel was a Straight-6 NA Diesel 5 speed and it was cheap as chip no matter how much assholes you gave it ;) Turbo 4cyl Diesels do eat a bit more gas though, I believe the Serena Turbo Diesel van they used to have went through a bit more gas, was a Full-time 4WD one which doesnt help either.

Guest kornstar

yeah but i always forget my diesal tax, im like 5,000 kms over lol, thats like 140 bucks for me, its a pain in the arse especially now that diesal prices arnt as cheap as they used to, and the added tax. but fuck who cares in the end aye, 16 kms to a dollar aint bad, compared to 4kms to a dollar in my kingswood lol