from auto to manual

RXFORD

i just put the standard 1300 bak in the esky but put a 4 speed box, to my horror i didnt fit proply and the diff/driveshaft hav to be changed, i also thought the auto eskys already hav a hole for the clutch cable to go through but mine duznt, the auto gearbox mounts are furthur bak and wider than the manual so without to much truble what can i do there? and also the becoz the manual box in shorter what can i do about the driveshaft? i was thinkn use the manual shaft and diff and see if that works,

cheers...

matt

yeha i tink you might have to get a manual driveshaft and gearbox mount... unless you want to make an adaptor to fit the 4 speed. and you will have to set up some mounts similar to the manual ones to get the clutch cable through to the clutch fork

same prob here mate....although i already had the manual conversion done....get a piece of 30mmx6mm steel,drill a hole about 13mm in the middle,and a 8mm hole each end to mount to the fire wall,now get a piece of 25mm steam pipe,cut a angle on one end so it points down when its welded over the hole on the flat piece......

or goto a wrecker and unbolt the original manual cable sleeve from the firewall...tadaaaa....

now the crossmember......i think you may have to either make one up,or see if a mk5 cortina one will work,or even a sierra one...i made one up by welding 2 plates off the sides of the manual mounts....bit rangi but itll have to do till i get a cortina/sierra xmember to see if it fits....

good luck....

driveshaft?i threw out my manual shaft that was in ine when it had the 1.3 with 4speed....bugger