My MA61 Mk2 Supra

deaf_rattle

been a very successful day today, big thanks again to Stu, Malcolm, Kevin, Adrian and Crazy Jase. (and lisa for supplying food)

Got the tacho sorted (stu's handy work with Chris's instructions and $2 worth of jaycar bits)

Car is now running a hell of a lot better, with the tps and afm being funny before.

Got oil leak (dont want to go for a dry sump set up!) to sort and power steering system still has air in it.

Still cant get codes from the ecu, but we suspect it has something to do with the auto trans ecu not being connected up.

Another vid for you anyway... hopefully skid vid isnt too far away!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its starting to look like a car again!

Stu has refused to let the urge of binning the auto loom and moving to a different country and has made some major progress this week.

Auto loom is ready to splice into the car and the front loom is pretty much all done.

Dash loom should be sorted this week and then i can think about booking it in for dyno time.

Plugs are fouling due to the air/fuel ratio being lame, so ill get some other plugs in there for dyno.

it would seem that cusco camber plates do raise the car slightly and the wheels stick out about 5mm, so that means ill dial in some camber in the front :)

Think ill make the death race modifications to the car once its legal just intime for megameet.

Image0778.jpg

Image0777.jpg

Image0774.jpg

Image0773.jpg

Image0780.jpg

been a good day. although i should probably drink less beer and do more work.

Got the front bumper pretty much on now, just a couple more nuts to go and then i can think about putting the fog lights and indicators back in.

Starting to really like the nice clean look of the facelift front bumper, so i might reconsider the front lip, although i did play around with the side skirts, to see how they looked.

She looks like a car again!

Image0804.jpg

Image0787.jpg

Image0788.jpg

Image0789.jpg

Image0793.jpg

nothing to see here folks...

Image0801.jpg

so what you reckon? run with the side skirts?

• 5 weeks later...

After abit of a dry spell with being pre occupied with other things :lol: i received a package from my sponsor.

SANY0113.jpg

Big thanks to Ewan at Hayatonka for the Safc 2 and defi HUD

With some fresh motivation, i think im on track to getting the heap on the road.

SANY0115.jpg

The car is nearly ready for dyno now, with just the alternator and a couple of oil leaks to sort before i can book it in.

The alternator was tested fine before it was installed, but as with the rest of the build.. nothing goes as planed.

SANY0043.jpg

SANY0044.jpg

SANY0049.jpg

SANY0048.jpg

SANY0047.jpg

SANY0050.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

alternator has been dropped off at the good folk at western auto electrical for rebuild.

Not yet skid vid equipt, but getting there.

seems to be hitting some sort of cut at about 4000rpm, so ill need to look into that.

man youtube made the vid quality crap.. ill look into that later

• 4 weeks later...

well not much to report, except the battery is probably dead. So im on the look out for a replacement orbital exide battery, or optima if it will mount up the same.

Big thanks to my right hand man (and occassionally left hand) Malcolm, we tested the fuel pressure last night with a 14psi gauge! doh!

Put the trusty oil pressure gauge on there and it seems there is a problem.

The walbro (was sold it as genuine) seems to be really loud and we are going to test it out of the car, bypassing the factory fuel lines.

Not sure what to do if the pump proves to be ok, i guess ill have to redo all the factory lines.

If the pump is knackered ill probably opt for a bosch unit.

Im so over it, i should just put a rotor in it.

Also, thanks to Kevin for the power steering reservior of non floppyness. much better.

and because updates are gay without pics.

Image1164.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

dropped the tank today and found it was messier than a drunken trip to hamilton in the middle of winter.

Looking for a replacement tank, or getting this tank cleaned properly. What do people recommend? part of me is thinking i should man up and get a proper drop tank made up, but i would rather spend that money on tyres.

Image1268.jpg

Image1267.jpg

Image1274.jpg

Image1271.jpg

Image1270.jpg

Image1269.jpg

Image1275.jpg

1 week old mobil 98... wasnt that colour when it went in

Image1273.jpg

• 1 month later...

had a very successful day yesterday thanks to alot of the usual suspects.

installed rear sway bar, got head lights to work properly(although not popping up yet)

reverse light problem figured out

boost controller wired in, rsm wired up and alot of the wiring mess tidied up.

filled radiator up with toyota coolant and water wetter and installed the cooling panel.

Another big day like that and it might be ready for cert.

Image1677.jpg

Image1678.jpg

Image1679.jpg

Image1681.jpg