My MA61 Mk2 Supra

deaf_rattle

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just a summary of the engine work that has been done and yet to be done.

I have just given my engine builder the go ahead on the block work so should have some nice crank pics to post soon.

Head

Acid dipped, bead blasted, decked, cam polish,valve grind and complete rebuild. HKS 1.2mm MHG and ARP Stud kit

Block

Acid dipped

Decked

Crank Polish

Crank Knifeedging and de burring

ACL bearings

ARP Rod Bolts (to be purchased)

ARP Main studs (to be purchased)

Rod ends re sized (yet to be done)

Shotpeened rods (Yet to be done)

JE forged piston set (inc rings)

Summit racing remote oil filter kit

Full rotating assembly balance (yet to be done)

Will be running a gt3582R ball bearing turbo and pretty confident that this set up with the rest of the bolt ons will make the goal of 500hp at the engine.

Expected time of completion is now December 07.

i suppose i should mention abit more of the history of this car.

I drove down to palmy to look at this after seeing the following pics.

I was looking at buying an st162 celica at the time, but Malcolm suggested the MA61 which was advertised on toyspeed (the old forum) at the time.

Its come along way since being an $800 bucket of rust.

oldcelica_1.jpg

oldcelica_2.jpg

mysuprapic3.jpg

and yes, the pics of the car being thrashed were the very first pics i saw of it :lol:

Decided on powder coating some of the parts that are nice and clean now due to the shot blasting, so will post pictures when i get that done. (probably next weekend)

gave the car a wash today, its amazing how dirty it can get just by sitting in the garage.

My lovely g/f vacuumed the interior and cleaned the glass. Need to find a new drivers side door seal (bit that attaches to the car)

Anyway some pics of the cleaning action.

minipluslights080.jpg

minipluslights082.jpg

well my arp rod bolts arrived from http://www.fortyone.co.nz and i picked up a new gear knob from Al at http://www.drivenperformance.co.nz.

looks a heap better than the stock shifter 8)

crank and block etc should be nearly ready, might look at getting the sump modified.

Also will the bosch blow off valve still be alright? or should i look at upgrading it to something else? if so to what? cheers

arpsandknobage002.jpg

arpsandknobage001.jpg

also a pic of my ever growing supra collection

external004.jpg

got some more parts today

alloy radiator panel (goes just in front of the radiator to direct more air through it) will be getting a under car panel made up too once the i/c piping is in and everything all sorted.

miniandmore004.jpg

Thanks to 1983supra on toymods for that.

And big thanks to Ronnie for the custom steering rack support bushes. These will replace the stock broken rubber ones.

mk2steering.jpg

Looking at buying a rear camber kit very soon, if anyone else is interested for their MA/GA61 or similar (soarer cressida etc) then they are $150.