tina/esky carb

jaymz

i've got a webber dgav 38/40 (i think) off a 2L cortina, so i'm assuming the jets are to big for a standard 1600, what will happen if i just through that carb on? just lean the mixture out a bit and it'll be sweet? or should i get the right carb, I have done a bit of work to my 1600, new cam and bigger valves.

cheers

Personally I would try it out before I went looking for a new carb. I was running my single barrel carb jetted for a 1300 on my 1600 before I put my weber on it. It ran just as good, just way less power. So yea, even though its jetted for a bigger engine it still should be tune-able and go sweet.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought the cortina webers were 32/36? Either way, both would go mint on your 1600. Just makes sure it's in good nick and get some tuner to jet it right. You can go to Weber Specialties on the shore to get an adaptor plate / manifold (hopefully).

• 4 weeks later...
Guest scort van man

it should bolt straight on. you might have a bit of a blank spot when u accelerate hard due to flooding but u can re jet a weber easily enuf. my 1300 x-flow went OK with a 2.0 litre twin throat on so all i can say is give it a go