painting and shit bog and primer and shit

Jerm

With only 16 posts I would still consider you a newbie, especially as you dredge up old posts like most newbies seem to do.

Yes I have an opinion on the SC Paint - it's shit. Aussie export stuff is rubbish, and the Septone range is marginal. I have used the Septone stuff on my Corolla a bit, and while the Etch primer does seem to do the job fine, I would still pay the extra couple $$ for better stuff.

Also don't paint Arcrylic over enamel or vice versa - can cause some nasty reactions.

:lol: Now see that wasn't that hard... If I think an old thread is still relevent cant see any harm in posting on it , saves starting a whole new thread covering the same stuff. There is a lot of good information (And alot of crap :? ) on here, on those old threads...I have spent more time on here reading than posting.......

Cheers :lol:

:rolleyes: Check out; //oldschool.co.nz/phpbb/viewtopic. ... ght=#35320 (how spooky is that Fuel?) :shock:

Generally bringing back up four year old posts is not a good idea..

Anyway that two for $6 primer is just your basic enamel primer, it's not an etch primer or anything. The etch primer which is yellowish/beige is the septone one, for $14 a can.

most etch primers are acid based and you can coat you bare steeel with this fin but you cannot go over it as it will not adhere properly and will caus more problems in the long run, best way to go is a epoxy primer which is a 2pac metal sealant/primer. this is designed to seal off any bare metal and give you a good substrate to start and bog/repair work on top of.

worst comes to worst, wait till ya saved up the cash and take it in to be done properly first itme, as if you decide to do bits and peices like this yourself then at a later stage take it to a shop to get painted ect it will all have to be removed and redone for the shop to provide any type of warrenty on the work

may help may not

http://www.gtrefinishers.co.nz