• Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

133 Excellent

About evel

  • Rank
    Advanced Member
  • Birthday 02/12/1994

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Interests
    Cars and Trucks.


  • Local Area

Recent Profile Visitors

379 profile views
  1. Evel's 1969 Mk1 Escort

    Moved house last week so the Escort now has a more permanent home. Also picked the carbs up from Hi Tech Motorsport so naturally I had to bolt them on. Off to Christchurch this week to do some hectikk shit in Unimogs.
  2. Ash 85 crumpy yarns

    Always a good day when she doing the deliveries
  3. Evel's 1969 Mk1 Escort

    The photo is of the passengers footwell. The drivers side has similar holes. Iv had a panel beater take a look and he thinks putting new floor panels in will be the go.
  4. Evel's 1969 Mk1 Escort

    Made some headway in the rewire. The back ends all done, and the wires are run to the engine bay. Also got the car up to the panel beater so he could share some wisdom. He said come back at the end of June with some new floors and we will sort them and the heater panel out.
  5. Evel's 1969 Mk1 Escort

    I knew everything was going to well....
  6. Evel's 1969 Mk1 Escort

    Big ups to the Easter Bunny for the long weekend! Iv spent it finding out why it's so expensive to get a car painted well. Most of the black paint in the engine bay came off with the steam cleaner. Gotta love the rattle can matti B. Only found one spot of rust which i'm quite impressed with. Will order up a repair panel from Palmside this week and fix her up next weekend.
  7. Evel's 1969 Mk1 Escort

    Had a nice break in Aussie. Spent 4 days sitting on turn 9 at the Adelaide 500. Gotta love the improved production class in Australia, such an awesome line up of cars. Also stumbled on some gold in a little bookshop in Melbourne. Had some dramas with the engine, so currently on the hunt for another 711m block.
  8. Evel's 1969 Mk1 Escort

    Heaved the old lug out on Saturday, such an easy job! The engine will be off to Hitech Motorsport this week to get a new lease on life. Also shot off to the garage sale at Halliday Racing in Managawai today and managed to score one of their snazzy as rocker covers. Don't know now if I should paint it or leave it raw?
  9. Evel's 1969 Mk1 Escort

    Played with the front brakes today. With max air from the duster gun not one of the four pistons would move, so safe to say they are seized up. Bit of CRC and some freeze and release and I managed to get them all apart. The pistons are in pretty good condition so I gave them a wipe and slammed them all back together. Will get a seal kit this week and do it properly next weekend. Bled the brakes up and WOOHOO it has brakes! I was so excited I drove it to the petrol station, and of course ran out of fuel on the way...
  10. Spherical bearing suspension top hats

    They came with some adaptor collars to adapt the stub to the inner diameter of the bearing. No fasteners were supplied but I did install them with a washer and a nyloc nut. I suspect just a low quality bearing as they were at the cheaper end.
  11. Evel's 1969 Mk1 Escort

    Got some work done over the break. Painted up the diff, front legs and a few bits and pieces. Also brought a Quaife ATB from Palmside and installed that while everything was apart Up next will be trying to work out why the brakes are so horrible. Iv replaced the rear cylinders and shoes so Im guessing the front calipers are all seized up or the master cylinder is the wrong size. Or a combination of the two. Happy New Years all!!
  12. Evel's 1969 Mk1 Escort

    He sure did Matt, thanks heaps for that!
  13. I ordered a new set of top hats for the front suspension in my mk1 Escort from Burtons. After installing them and having a quick drive the front end now has a nice knock that I have traced to some play in the spherical bearings in the top hats. The bearings do have a small valley in them that looks like it will accept grease but no grease nipple or location to install a grease nipple. I removed the hats and greased them up by hand, the bearings ungreased do feel loose but once I put some grease in them they felt ok. Reinstalled back to the car, knock still present. Anyone have an further ideas? Or am I off to find some normal rubber hats?
  14. Evel's 1969 Mk1 Escort

    Beatrix and the Datsun have been looking after themselves for wee while while I finish my apprenticeship and do some track day planning. Today I got into pulling apart the rear end so I can get it all blasted and painted this week With any sort of luck my box from Burtons will turn up this week and the reassembly can begin.
  15. Hey guys, A group of us at the RNZAF are running a track day on the Taupo national circuit on Monday 27th November. $120 for the whole day.Spots are limited to 50.Motorcycles are allowed providing the rider has full leathers.PM either hosts for further information.Get in quick before spots run out!! If your interested or would like any more details either PM myself or check out the facebook event here