Leedle's 1980 Galant-Lambda coupe discussion

fuel

//oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/51568-leedles-1980-sapporo/

Nice 'Sapporo' you have there - but it's actually a Galant-Lambda (what that /\ symbol is, it is greek for Lambda and denotes two-door coupe while Sigma E means sedan). Yours is the A163A model which means 2.0L and solid rear axle. If it were the European or New Zealand model it would be badged as a Sapporo, a Scorpion if sold in Australia or even a Dodge/Plymouth Challenger II if sold in the US.

I currently have a 1980 Eterna GSR coupe (Eterna being an upper spec version of the Galant) - //oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/21377-fuels-1980-mitsubishi-eterna-gsr

and I used to have a 1982 Galant GT coupe which I sold a few years back - //oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/26926-fuels-1982-galant-gt

Both of mine were the same pre-facelift versions as yours is.

• Like 3

Hi! Thanks for your comment, very interesting! So in Japan are they given the Galant-Lambda title? Is it just the name that differs/are the cars actually the same? I've found it hard to find information so i don't know much about them, except that they are awesome :)  Very tidy cars you have/had there, thanks for sharing! Do you see many of these style cars in Aussie? :-D