kpr

KPR's 84 Hilux

86 posts in this topic

So, a few hours ago i got a sudden urge to sabre saw the back of  the  truck.  540mm to be exact

dsc04275s.jpg?w=900

Still going to make a whole new deck at some stage.  as needs to go on a diet bad.  but for the moment everything that doesn't need to be there is getting

cut off.  at least it fits in the shed better now.

4 people like this

pile is growing.   might get out the hole saws soon

dsc04281s.jpg?w=900

dsc04284s.jpg?w=900

2 people like this

This again

dsc04470s.jpg?w=900

Pretty sure nothing was wrong with the 4 speed.  But got a w56 ^ from a surf.  the  bearings were totally stuffed.  so brought a rebuild kit of ebay.  Only used 1 syncro out of the kit, as  the new 3rd/4th rings were worse than the old ones!  other than having a mare and forgetting to put the input shaft on, when installing the main shafts into center plate, went together pretty well.

This is reverse gear. Likely the reason the bearings were stuffed

dsc04473s.jpg?w=900

plan was to put the w56 in place of the  4 speed box, bolting it into the the existing tail housing/transfer case adapter.  yeh nar nar, the 4 speed one is different.   so had to rob the selectors out of the surf transfer case and convert my transfer case from forward shift, to top loader. then use the w56 housing to bolt to transfer case.  not forgetting to fuck it up 3 time along the way.   the surf transfer case is pretty much the same, but didn't want to use it as was a bit mank inside.

tl;dr : has 5 gears now & don't rape your w-box reverse gear

pulled the deck off today.    have 50mm of rake now measured from  either ends of sills on cab. so shitloads over whole truck.  i did some super dodgy measuring  before i pulled apart. measured from under the diff with wheels on. rear was approx 600kg.  should loose a big chunk of that by the time im finished.  Have some parts on the way from usa but more on that later...

dsc04479s.jpg?w=900

Pile as of today, minus wood off deck:

dsc04486s.jpg?w=900

actually some of that  will go back on.  keeping the outer frame, so can continue confusing angry farmers

Because boring update; Bonus  Video.  mostly same as ones above, but with some kp and bmw action

4 people like this

Today's haul.

dsc04496s.jpg?w=900

dsc04499s.jpg?w=900

4 people like this

Used my cnc grinder to cut out some brackets

dsc04532s.jpg?w=900

These ones goes here.

dsc04541s.jpg?w=900

More, which seen some hole saw action

dsc04537s.jpg?w=900

They will tie into existing x member and new angle  braces