DB8-R's (Not a Honda) BMW Z3

DB8-TypeR

I briefly had one of these that I traded (though it was the 2.8) and it had a ridiculous dumb p-plate something like ISONME (eyes on me) I dunno I only had it for all of 5 mins it feels like, but definitely enjoyed the drive from Auckland down to Hamilton in it. 

I think those base model 1.9's have solid disc brakes up front? I found that to be wacky. 

I would have liked a more powerful version but couldnt justify the extra cost for what really is a fairly pointless toy, but it is still quite nice to drive. 

I will have to have a look at the brakes, id kinda believe it as its hardly the fastest thing on the road and doesnt really encourage you to drive quickly. Just a wind on the bald patch cruiser. 

Compared with my similarly aged Integra it has way less rattles but feels very "heavy" on the road

I think they are slightly bigger than a MX5? Or maybe thats compared to a NB rather than the earlier NA ones. Certainly small though, I lost it in the work carpark the other day as it was parked between a AU Falcon Wagon and a Ford Everest.

As for storage, not much in the cabin, has a parcel tray when the roof is up and a little storage compartment between the roll bars but thats it. Havnt managed to open the boot yet, that was the plan for yesterday but ended up getting called out so ran out of time after id given it a wash.

Cleans up pretty good (apart from the bonnet which has been painted by a blind man)

Z3 rear.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Havnt done anything exciting, did an Aliexpress order of a couple new blank keys, a central locking actuator and some door handle gaskets.

Have since decided that the reason the central locking isnt working is that one or both of the door switches are faulty as the interior light is always on if you have it on "door open" mode.

Anyway, swapped the door handle gaskets today, exciting I know but they looked shit

image.thumb.jpeg.146afb15dc89b536e1273735e3a9b33f.jpeg

Just need to pop a cover on the door jam and poke around with a screw driver and you end up with this:

image.thumb.jpeg.a3d457bf0764a4cfadec09c8b9d1613d.jpeg

Bits of yuck on gasket get cleaned away then pop this on:

image.jpeg.8cc9a1d5a863af08d7b0b49d11550bbb.jpeg

Not a perfect fit (because $2 off Aliexpress) but good enough

image.jpeg.4228a18fcf6456884e74fd1776d85720.jpeg

• Like 8

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...