Camber Specs for cert GX71

SlipperyGX71

hey people, im looking at going for a cert on my 85 Toyota Mark II Grande GX71 Hardtop, and he told me my rear camber would fail and that it cant be more than 1.5degres negative more than factory spec, i just need to know what the factory degres for the rear is or where i can find out? cheers for any help guys n gals.

The 71's are a pain.

Even without low they are outside the current cert regs.

Add four NZ blokes or a loaded trailer to your 71 and you have exceeded the limit and run the risk of a pink sticker!

Once did a check on the factory rear suspension when it was loaded to the bump stops , it was 3.5 deg in stock trim.

You could argue that this is a starting point but I doubt you would win.

Most wheel alignment shops will have the information you need but from memory the 71 is 0 to 0.5 deg factory at the back unloaded so with the extra 0.5 deg the regs allow you can run up to 1 deg negative unloaded, having the print out from the alignment shop is something you will need anyway.

The certifiers do have some scope beyond this if brake performance etc are still ok but your best bet buy far is to talk to them before you turn up with your sacked car expecting them to just say yep that's perfect here's your cert.

• Like 1

2.2(10): Addition of a paragraph to cover negative camber limits. An associated Note reminds LVV Certifiers that they do not have to require a wheel alignment report if 1.5 degrees is not exceeded.

http://www.lvvta.org.nz/documents/infosheets/LVVTA_Info_04-2016_Re-issue_of_3_Amended_LVV_Stds.pdf

My car had the problem for cert where standard alignment is 1 degree positive! So had to run 0 deg to pass. 

However they've amended it to say you're allowed up to neg 1.5 deg if your standard alignment info is less than that.

The 71's are a pain.

Even without low they are outside the current cert regs.

Add four NZ blokes or a loaded trailer to your 71 and you have exceeded the limit and run the risk of a pink sticker!

Once did a check on the factory rear suspension when it was loaded to the bump stops , it was 3.5 deg in stock trim.

You could argue that this is a starting point but I doubt you would win.

Ahh no. There is no camber rule for an uncerted cars. So you couldnt be pink stickered for having excess camber on a factory car with a heavy load.

Height as well is measured unloaded.

As soon as the car is certed and therefore no longer officially a "toyota" but rather a low volume one off vehicle then and only then is the camber rule applied

Ahh no. There is no camber rule for an uncerted cars. So you couldnt be pink stickered for having excess camber on a factory car with a heavy load.

Height as well is measured unloaded.

That depends on your police officer.

Its at police officers discretion to hand out stickers for stuff they deem to be unsafe