Lord Gruntfuttock's Sunbeam Winkie Chain Tricycle

Found some pics I took when I did up an old chain bike last year. I'd picked up a couple of wrecks on the tard in a job-lot of rust, and thought I'd have a go at building one good one for my girls. Unfortunately my eldest was riding a proper bike by the time I got started (oops) but the younger one has got some use out of it.

As bought, came with a Triang Jeep pedal car and scooter (that are also in the project pile)...
xkzbien5.oif.jpg

fpi5ishr.dkl.jpg

These things were built over decades, and are pretty well made...
whfxvz2v.awq.jpg

Yep, that is the gangly and slightly racist old Duke of Edinburgh leading Prince Charles on one...
h1o3hn5p.bc5.jpg

• Like 3

Cool!The baskets are rather rare because they were the first bits to get torn off.Also for +10 geek points UK ones had pneumatic tyres and NZ ones are solid.Well done getting it going.

Yeah was pleased I had enough bits to get 3 good solids together. I toyed with the idea of making another bike out of parts left over (new rims and going pneumatic) but realised I'd never get round to it, so sold the parts on tardme for 50 squid...

• Like 1