Dyno tune DHLA45 in Chch

Beaker

Probably been asked before, but im looking to get someone who knows what they are doing to tune the DHLA45 on my Mini.

Its running semi-ok on a home-tune using my Wideband AFR gauge, It's still too rich at cruise (10-11:1) but lowering the idle jets really leans out the progression despite upping the pump jets.

Most Dyno Tuner don't seem to stock DHLA parts, or have no idea how to tune anything that isn't EFI. 

Ive had it at Harmans 10ish years ago when I had a DCOE40 on it and I was less than impressed as it was leaning out and backfiring after tuning. Reluctant to return.

Since then it has it rebuilt and heavily modified and been running a HIF44 SU up til now, but it lacks the punch the DCOE / DHLA has.

I have a couple of leads for different places but they haven't gotten back to me.

Any recommendations? 

Firstly im not sure if they dyno themselves but talk to palmside auto they do jets and parts, secondky what size main jet are you running? I would expect somewhere in the range of a 145 or so? If youre running bigger than that i would say that may be your problem, the pump jet is just that for accelerating and the idle jet is purely for the progression phase so at cruise you are using the main jet, does it have any stutters or flat spots?

Firstly im not sure if they dyno themselves but talk to palmside auto they do jets and parts, secondly what size main jet are you running? I would expect somewhere in the range of a 145 or so? If youre running bigger than that i would say that may be your problem, the pump jet is just that for accelerating and the idle jet is purely for the progression phase so at cruise you are using the main jet, does it have any stutters or flat spots?

Running  170 Air and 170 Main, Ive got those recommendations out of David Vizards book on A Series engines.    The carb was off a Track Mini and came with 170 Air 180 Main, but had much larger chokes (40mm) and ive choked it down to 36mm.

It runs fine under full open throttle once u get past the flat spot, so im led to believe that they are pretty close.   Yes Palmside have been good to get Jets from, but when I asked in Aug last year (when I put the Weber back on it) they said they had stopped doing Road Tunes as it wasn't cost effective, I think they only do tuning on cars they setup and spec.

I would honestly say i think the main jet is too big air correcter sounds ok but smaller mainbwould be my try, not alot though, a big bore and high comp 1275 would run 38 chokes but if u havebchoked down to 36 you will get a better bottom end but mains i think are slightly too. Large

I would honestly say i think the main jet is too big air correcter sounds ok but smaller mainbwould be my try, not alot though, a big bore and high comp 1275 would run 38 chokes but if u havebchoked down to 36 you will get a better bottom end but mains i think are slightly too. Large

I might give that a go in the weekend, I have  1.5mm and 1.6mm drill bits, so might do a solder fill and re-drill on the mains, if it works out then invest in the proper jets.

I have access to some 38mm chokes but im aiming more for drive-ability than top-end