What turbo is this?

Doritofu

So I'm doing a rebuild of this engine, and now I've got this turbo off, checking to see whether it was alright. It seems fine but I have no clue what model it is. And no, there is no name plate so shut up Garrett website saying "simply read the name plate and find the turbo model." -it's not that simple.

Both the compressor and the turbine housing have Garrett stamped on them.

The compressor has the following markings on it:

- M33

-AR.60

-B.C.C.

And the turbine housing has .84 stamped on the inside of the split flange.

And a single oil feed line w/ return

I can post up some pictures if that would help but just thought I would quickly ask and see if anybody knows straight off the bat.

and yes I have searched meticulously, I found 1 post with the exact same problem back in 2010 with no replies.

So any help appreciated, thanks guys and girls.

Pull the compressor cover off and measure the compressor wheel inducer and exducer. Easy to do and will give you a far better idea of what you're looking at. Next step (if someone can't visually tell you what it is) is to pull the turbine off and measure that also.

Also what flange on the exhaust housing?

Kay so I just whipped the housing off and here are the measurements

DSCF5195_zpsss8mfdg5.jpg

so 75.00 mm for the exducer and it looks like 56.65 mm for the inducer

and here's some pics of the flange and the split that shows 0.84. Its got an HKS external wastegate btw.

DSCF5170_zpsvmgvuflf.jpg

DSCF5184_zpswtbeu1ly.jpg

The bolts on the turbine housing look seized as all balls but I'll start soaking them in CRC.

Thanks so far.

Looks like it could be an old GT3076R based on your measurements and this sheet;

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/sites/default/files/default_images/turbogroup/catalog_pdf/Garrett_GT3076R_700382-12.pdf

It's not quite bang on, but it's the closest I could find.  It's also A/R is 0.60 and 0.84 exhaust trim.

Edit// Did notice it has water cooling, so maybe not this one.

Looks like it could be an old GT3076R based on your measurements and this sheet;

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/sites/default/files/default_images/turbogroup/catalog_pdf/Garrett_GT3076R_700382-12.pdf

It's not quite bang on, but it's the closest I could find.  It's also A/R is 0.60 and 0.84 exhaust trim.

Edit// Did notice it has water cooling, so maybe not this one.

Thanks a whole bunch man. It's not water cooled, thats just the oil feed in the bottom 2 pictures.

Oh I see what you mean, the GT3076R has a water line. I'll just have a rummage through the garret turbos.

Edited by Doritofu

No, I mean in the PDF, the turbo pictured is water cooled.

Yeah I got you.

I had a look through the whole catalogue, couldnt seem to find any with the same specs that didnt have water cooling.

Could it be that the center piece isn't from a Garrett turbo and that it's been frankensteined from 2 different turbos?

Yeah I got you.

I had a look through the whole catalogue, couldnt seem to find any with the same specs that didnt have water cooling.

Could it be that the center piece isn't from a Garrett turbo and that it's been frankensteined from 2 different turbos?

It could be, but it would be incredibly unlikely.

It could be, but it would be incredibly unlikely.

I'm really hoping that it isn't, but given some of the other stuff that came on this engine, I wouldn't be surprised.

Maybe a to4e of some description?

Even just measure the turbine wheel where you can there. Armed with the wheel sizes and number of blades you should be able to figure it.

Thanks, just had a look through the interwebs and I found some places selling it as a T3/T4e 57 trim.

Looking at the specs on one website it had the exact same setup, no water cooling, journal bearings, and an ar .82 devided turbine housing. Looks like we found it fellas.

Good job team! :salute:

• Like 2