Flat deck Dyna Truck

R100

Story goes.

I have had a 1992 slide deck Dyna truck for a few years now and have been through 3x engines during that time.

After the last engine threw a rod i decide nah. Not going to spend any more money on it.

I will remove the slide deck and refit it to a 2008 onwards Dyna. (will do this at a later date)

So last week i picked up another 1993 dyna cab chassis with a 14b auto.

It failed a COF due to rust in the cab.

Ive decided to swap the cab off my slide onto the cab chassis and in process give the whole thing a good birthday.

I will then build myself a nice flat deck for it (approx 2meters by 4.5meters) Big enough to forklift a car onto.

Going to repaint the cab, chassis etc.

Ive also swapped the 16" rims and tyres off my slide deck as the new cab chassis had horrible 205-60-17.5 tyres. Not a nice ride on the open road.

Because its classed as a heavy vehicle i need to get the deck welded up by a "ticketed" welder then get the whole thing certified. So ill get a tow bar made up for it while im at it.

The certifier is coming over this afternoon. Will see what i need to do.

Picture of the 2x trucks im swapping the cabs over on.

Bottom picture is the truck ill be keeping.

Reason im putting the rusty cab on my slide deck is ive sold the truck (minus the slide deck) as a front cut to be exported to the middle east. Will get the big grinder out next week.

efhqp3.jpg

6r7nds.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I finally removed the cab last week and started stripping it.

Going to strip the cab to a bare shell and get it repainted in the standard white.

Because im building my own flat deck and tow bar i need to get them certified.

The certifier came over last week to point me in the right direction.

I can design and weld up almost the whole flat deck myself but the load rails and mounting brackets to chassis need to be done by a ticketed welder.

Same with the tow bar, it can be cut and tack it together myself but it needs to welded by a ticketed welder.

There is a few rules to go by in regards to steel size and spacing between rails etc but nothing complicated.

• Like 1

Im thinking ill go for a 20mm plywood deck. The steel under the deck witll be 400mm spacings. I will also ad extra strenght into the areas that will be under more stresswhen its loaded with a car on it. 

Thats the plan anyway