Brake booster question

WhangareiKE70

Hey guys,

Just got some D21 Terrano 2 pot brakes for my Datsun 720 (which bolt straight up by the way). Good upgrade from the singles. I also got the booster and brake master cylinder with them.

Because the booster is smaller in diameter but fatter, it can sit right back against the firewall, whereas the original is spaced out by approximately 100mm. This is advantageous because it moves it back out of the way of the intake of the new engine.

My main problem is that the rod thing (not sure what it's called) on the back of the booster is too long and hits the mount on the brake pedal while the booster is still about 50 mm out from the firewall.

Can I either :

A ) remove the nut mount thing, chop the rod, and use a die to thread it again, and wind the nut mount thing back on, or

B ) fix this some other way.

Option C involves spacing it out from the firewall with a spacer,which is not ideal, for aforementioned reasons.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers :)

Doing this for a mates hq currently. It has a threaded pushrod hanging out of the booster. I am cutting it shorter then drilling and tapping the end of the shaft to take a stud (cannot get the pushrod out of the booster so its hard to machine down and thread)