32 IDF Downdraught

MTM

Sup guys,

My girlfriends old man hooked me up with a 32 IDF Downdraught webber and I was wondering what it would take to hook it up to my 1300 block?

I see the manifold on there is a 4 to 1, reckon I could just get someone to forge me up an adaptor plate to split back into two as the new carberator is a dual throat?

This carby just needs a bit of a clean up but otherwise should run sweet.

I know it sounds a bit off to run such a big webber on a 1300 but I don't have the cash or time or experience in doing an engine swap for a 1600 and I wanna try get what I can out of my 1300 especially with a free webber.

Ideas? Thoughts?

Have a look at what size venturi and jets its running, they've gotta be right for the engine for it to run well, will take some experimenting to get right unless you have access to the right gear, in saying that there should be enough info on the net to get you in the ball park, I've spent what I payed for my twin carbs in jets alone tuning them to a decent level, and I still don't think its right!

just throwing a carb on wont necessary make more power, or be an upgrade depending on a variety of things.

have you done any engine mods? is it struggling to get enough fuel?

what engine, what's its set up, is it currently running with out fault?

imo leave the carb free up the exhaust  give a little timing and good tune up standard 1300s dont need a bigger carb unless you cam them with a gt cam or somthing  and with different carb from a different engine family i doubt it will run very nice without re jetting lots of time requred for little reward .

Exhaust no bigger than 1 7/8 will do nice for a hot little 1300/1600 in the future 2 inch i find are to droney.

why waste time and money for somthing you may not use again if you upgrade the engine anyway easyer to find an 32/36 weber carb that will bolt onto a factory manifold that will fit factory linkages.