Toyota 4kc asian carb question

DrunkenMistake

Hi all,

I have a 1980 ke30 corolla, it is running a bit rich a d I had suspicions about that choke not been adjusted correctly, after taking the air filter off I found it is a twin barrel carb but only the right hand barrel seems to serve any function, the left hand barrel has two butterflies neither are connected and I can't seem to see where to pull or pull to open the second lower butterfly. The upper butterfly has a lever that has no spring tension and seems to remain shut all the time,

I blocked the right barrel while it was at idle and opened the upper butterfly and it idled as normal I closed the upper butterfly and it died, can someone explain if this is normal or what is needed to connect the left barrel.

Sorry for the mash of writing I'm on a cellphone, I also can't seem to be able to upload any images? Cheers

I didnt see any vaccum lines running to it besides the one from the dizzy but that seems to only affect the right barrel? I could be wrong, air speed might make sense as the upper butterfly is really effortless to open and close,

Eitherway should the bottom butterfly that should be operated by the throttle still move when the throttle cable is pulled like on the right side?

Top butterfly is choke. Put a choke cable on.

Butterfly below the choke is your main throttle, this should be actuated by the accelerator cable.

Other butterfly is the secondary, this gets activated under higher loads. (I think it also gets moved a little when the throttle is pushed wide open, can't quite remember)