Locost Bryan's 1972 Morris Marina TC Coupe

locost_bryan

I am intrigued with the Superpro bushes. I have seen them on trade me for Hillmans and even asked questions and had no reply. They claim them as their own, but if you  have to wait for them to come from the UK ?.

I am interested in the fit of them, because the ones I bought from the club (not super pro ) aren't that great. I was hoping Super pro would be better and better quality.

Nice to see some progress.

1 hour ago, locost_bryan said:

Luckily my seals are in good condition (or a previous owner has replaced them).

Are your windows fixed or opening?

Currently fixed, but I have a pair of opening to fit. Im thinking of using a similar pinch weld seal to the door seals

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Tiger Tamer said:

I am intrigued with the Superpro bushes. I have seen them on trade me for Hillmans and even asked questions and had no reply. They claim them as their own, but if you  have to wait for them to come from the UK ?.

I am interested in the fit of them, because the ones I bought from the club (not super pro ) aren't that great. I was hoping Super pro would be better and better quality.

Ive used Superpro bushes a few times, usually ordered via Sparesbox in Aus, by getting the part numbers from the Superpro site. No complaints here. Depending on the style they can take a bit of work to fit, but I haven't had any that couldn't be fitted or were damaged on install. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Tiger Tamer said:

The supplier PIC said they were waiting on their SP, which was probably Superpro, just my jumping to conclusions that the lengthy wait was getting them from the UK and not from across town. Possibly SuperPro just make them on demand.

• Like 1

I'll see if I can get some pics of the rubber profile, with any luck they might have used the same profile as other BL cars with butterfly windows -  2-door ADO16 1100 or Mini maybe?

Id appreciate that, and a measurement of the height of the "bulb" the glass squishes would help too.

Mk3 onwards Mini could be a good option too, as you say

18 hours ago, Tiger Tamer said:

Actually, hard to know where they are actually made, but SuperFlex and SuperPro share part numbers for Morris and Hillman bushes, e.g. SuperFlex SF234-0669K and SuperPro SPF0669K for the Marina Tie Bar/Strut Bar bushes.

• Like 1

Actually, hard to know where they are actually made, but SuperFlex and SuperPro share part numbers for Morris and Hillman bushes, e.g. SuperFlex SF234-0669K and SuperPro SPF0669K for the Marina Tie Bar/Strut Bar bushes.

I was under the impression that SuperFlex in the Uk sources some bushes from SuperPro Aus, hence the P/N crossovers

• Like 2