glenns RA45 GT celica with race beams

Celica RA45

Looks good, is there ever much rust to contend with on cars in 'Straya?

I'm pretty sure all of the A40 series of cars have dissolved by now in New Zealand haha.

Hmmm 2.4 litre beams sounds interesting, starting out with a 5S block?

on the rust side it depends on where they are out back nsw just red dirt no rust in melbourne some rust ,but its like any where .most jap cars had rust built into them from about 1980 onwards ,just look at te71 ,fast back corrolla and ma61 supra and ae86 levin .all rust

its a par dog box, made in sydney. all new guts but overdrive is still synco even thou its straight cut

im making 204 kws at the back wheels out of the 2 litre at the moment at 9200 rpm ,be nice to make 260kws  at 8200 rpm  out of the 2.4 .will most likely need either 52mm quads which will be ok as there is enough meat on my quads to do this ,cams will have the same lift but more duration something in the 260 plus to 270 range at 50 thou range

not many people are using the 2.4 honda ,but there are a few using the mazda /ford 2.4 4 cyl 1 at the moment and that is making good power

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Glenn,

What are you planning on doing with the panhard rod on this one?

I remember you saying that on your previous car you have/had an adjustable panhard rod so it raises or lowers the roll centre.

Do you make it with different height holes at the 'body' end of the rod?

Would be cool to see some photos when you get to this part.

you do it on both ends diff and where the panhard rod is bolted 2 ,they have resurfaced the island so the speeds and Gforce is high  there

was lifting the left going over lukey heights so i put the panhard rod back to std running 230 lbs rear and 350 on the front at the moment and through turn 1 pulling 1.6 g

my mate in the sports sedans is pulling 1.8 on slicks through turn 1

• Like 1

yeah its fast there ,they still have cars crashing going  through turn 12 onto the front straight ,my speed there is nearly 190kays now and at the end of the front straight 240 kays at 8800 rpm in 5th

most accidents at the island is turn 1. turn 3 coming into honda down from 200 kays to 70 going through hay shed which is straight and then tight right and last going over lukey heights my speed there is nearly 200 going down agear for over the top

http://www.piarc.com.au/files/May%202014%20Sprint%20Regs.pdf

look at this and will show you the track layout dave

not happy where shifter comes out

will need to take box out and take off extension housing to change shifter posi

another 25mm forward should fix this

on other news cage is out of white 1 and has been unpicked and trimmed down to go in the red 1 in 2 peices the back half will fit in past the doors and the front just needs a retig and that should finish that

• 4 weeks later...

latest is, motors in ,dry sump tank is in. TRD  pipes are in ,rear spoiler is on and shifter housing is in the right place /motor is only in for wiring

and the side trims and chrome peices are attached

still to do list

motec m 800 wiring, new wiring loom for car

complete dash assembly to be put in

finish off brake tubing and rebleed complete system

clutch pedal needs rebleed as well

accelerator has turned up from america  

• 1 month later...

just waiting on dry sump tank from america

dry sump pump has arrived

waiting on my new race radiator ,then can finish off the new air filter set up

waiting on mandrels belt and bracket and pulleys

and last waiting on new dry sump pans for rwd

and started wiring

• 3 weeks later...

So love this model of Celica, bugger-all of them in NZ, and none that I know of that are in anything like reasonable condition.

I had one for a little while, impulse purchase from TM a few years back haha. It was the twin round front version though.

Hey Glenn, how much oil needs to go in an F series live axle again?

Need to fill mine back up once I've put it together again, but I forget.