jtc3d's MS65 Crown build

jtc3d

nice work,did you just keep the factory chassis mounts and make 2jz mounts to suit/

how much room is between the chassis and motor for exhaust?where you able to reuse the crown radiator?

sorry for all the questions,im about to start my conversion

Yep, kept the chassis mounts and Fabricated some new engine ones to fit the bolt patterns on the 2J block. I'd bolt down the chassis mounts before measuring up the engine ones. We had to weld on an extra bottom plate to the engine mounts for clearance that disappeared once everything was tightened up. But, we're idiots so... :doubt:

There's enough room for a custom job. At least for the set up we used. If you got your 2j from a Supra maybe it has a better manifold angle? But we had to cut ours up to under the firewall. Chassis clearance was sweet.

Yes, we reused the crown radiator. After some discussion with the resident pros, the original was up to the task. I put 16' fan on there too.

Keep in mind, everything I've done is still experimental. I've tried to get as much info as possible before making a decision. But the car has only been on the road a handful of times.

It did just do a two and a half hour drive from Whitianga to Tauranga not a problem. And if that means nothing to you, it's the equivalent of driving on mountain roads for two and a half hours, without the high altitudes. Very up and down, winding roads.

• Like 1

Oh forgot you are running the Auto as well, that makes things more expensive to go aftermarket. Carry on.

I did look into it, but found aftermarket ECU's around $1,800nz, plus all the wiring, plus tuning. I didn't look into it too much further than that so maybe some cheaper options are out there. Definitely didn't spend that kind of money getting the stock ECU wired up and running. Thank God.

Dude good work! !! This is rad. Shame about all the fucken around with ecu etc.

Keen to see how you're cert goes.

Just going to but in.

Mounts on these are easy. Use original crown rubber and make mounts from there. From memory the mounts line up further back on the engine which as a result can get in the way of the original exhaust manifold. Hence the modding. Standard radiator is fine with a decent electric fan. Read my build thread for my ms110 brown wagon. The chassis are the same.

• Like 1

Dude good work! !! This is rad. Shame about all the fucken around with ecu etc.

Keen to see how you're cert goes.

Just going to but in.

Mounts on these are easy. Use original crown rubber and make mounts from there. From memory the mounts line up further back on the engine which as a result can get in the way of the original exhaust manifold. Hence the modding. Standard radiator is fine with a decent electric fan. Read my build thread for my ms110 brown wagon. The chassis are the same.

Thanks man,

it's painfully close to being on the road. Certifier had a couple of points to fix, but all really minor stuff. Was hoping to fly up and drive it home over the weekend but the certifier can't see it until Tuesday. I'm so frothing to use it!

• 1 year later...