Removing turbo compressor housing

buddabeast

Hi guys,

I have a Rb20det stock turbo with a compressor housing that has the intake pipe sitting on a slightly different angle to my other Rb20det stock turbo.

I was wondering if I am going to swap these housings over, does the turbo I'm going to use need a full rebuild..? OR hopefully I can just swap the two compressor housings and simply make sure she's nice and tight?

Thanks,

Heath

The housings look exactly the same apart from the angle of the inlet ends.

One ends at about the T3 flange the other one has an end that finished slightly past the T3 flange.

But the difference in angle doesn't seem enough to mean that it's just one bolt rotation over. Or I didn't look hard enough. It seemed to be setup the same.

I need that extra angle to be able to fit the intake manifold above the turbo.

You may need to rotate the core in the exhaust housing, sometimes they are dowelled with a small pin, this can be pulled out to get the orientation right. (Its been a while since i played with nissan turbos on my starlet)

so first off check the orientation of the oil and water line connections to the turbine housing.

O yea sounds good I'll loosen up the bolts and try twist it a bit

Otherwise I might just buy one of these http://www.ebay.com/itm/Turbo-Compressor-Outlet-Adapter-Flange-2-Nissan-RB20DET-T3-Turbocharger-/281249334737?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item417bc445d1&vxp=mtr which gives me more room to play with than the standard elbow.

If only the exh and intake were on opposites sides like normal heads. I'm putting this turbo on a sohc LD28. Thanks.