Ryans '73 Clubman

AGRORB

It's got a factory one! In the boot for now, looks nicer without it and we had it off to get as much airflow over the motor as possible on the slog from Chch... I can't drive for another 74 day's anyway... I er, overtook too many people too fast in the space of 24 months in the Skyline :|

• 1 month later...

I used to roll 80-90 neddies on my 1275gt

cant remember the exact specs had ridiculous compression.3/4 race cam . Full exhuast and a weber sidey went very well for a mini . Could light up the wheels all the way up the gears from stand still. Broke gearboxes evey week too.

Get onto the ausmini.con forum couple of dudes running sc12s on there 1100s they could point you in the direction you want to go

Been looking at some of the kits from the UK that use Eaton M45 superchargers, apparently much more efficient than the SC12 plus they include a decompression headgasket, blower, belt, HIF44, intake pipe to blower, crank pulley etc. Not the cheapest but it IS a true bolt on setup, definitely considering that option. Whether I buy the 1100 that's on trademe or hang on for another 1275 is my next dilemma, tbh I'm not expecting a positive diagnosis from my 998 after it's 7 hours of torture back in January, so it may have to be whatever's available.

The difficult part is trying to find one that's healthy, runs, and won't break the bank :lol;

Even 998's seem to be fetching big dollars now, when I had my old roundnose about 8 years ago they were worth nothing and a half decent 1275 could be picked up for $700.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Righto, question for some of you who may have already done this,what's the easiest way to replace engine steady bushes on one of these? Thr bar between the motor and bulkhead.

Replacing both the steady bar and bushes along with all my cooling system shite this weekend. Would I just take the weight of the motor with a jack (solid alloy sumps FTW) or is there another way? Bolt on the motor seems silly tight.

• 2 months later...

suggest that leaving the rocker cover bare polished only has a limited lifespan before turning a dusty oxidised white.

I will be doing mine in black wrinkle with the top fins bare/ maybe clear coated (probably)

It doesn't look as good now as it did then

fin3.jpg

• Like 1

See what you mean about the tappet cover, tried giving mine.a polish before but instead of restoring a shine to it it's become a dull, sort of semi gloss silver :( degrease and paint sounds like the way to go, far too fussy for that shit :lol:

The radiator is just a little too wide for a standard shroud, no biggy if all your parts match but when they don't, it makes already misaligned parts misalign even more -_- tossing up between selling or keeping it as a spare.

• 1 month later...