Curtins sx70 waka

HighLUX

thats not irs, irs is independent rear where each side moves seperately, has diff, halfshafts trailing arms etc(i suck at explaining) 86 is solid rear, axles diff brakes etc are all in one unit and move together. hence 86s having no rear camber.

• 4 weeks later...

gx fronts would fit but would it screw it up the height having a 1s (4cly)? less weight on the front? no one knows the stock spring rates for an sx for some reason

yea but your getting ajustable height coilovers then you can fix that.

You need to get MX73 BCs, they will fit

To be honest, i would be caring 0% about the weight differences of a 1g to a 1s
Its not going to be as much difference as you think.. 
Gx71/mx73/ga6# all will fit your car. Carina struts are more desirable due to having a little more camber on the strut bottom.

If your going to do it right then go for the bc mx73 coilovers. They are great.

they will get you as low as you want on 15" wheels, not so much on 14". Going coilovers just means you need cert.  
I would also check the rear spring sizes before buying as the Bc's are made for F series IRS  which is possibly different to your T series (i assume) spring cups/holders/whatever you call them.

The rear coilover shocks though will fit no sweat as will the fronts.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Peoples of oldschool... I need help. Didn't go with bc's (regret it) but I don't think the rear springs would match up anyway. Am trying to re do the rear at the moment but shits driving me insaine trying to get lower stiff legal and cheap. Trying to find rear springs that will match up to my e series diff. Top diameter measures around 130mm and bottoms shrinking down to 110mm in the last 1 or 2 coils. HeArd falcon springs are stiff. Any recommendations? Need this shit sorted its silly soft ATM bump stops are getting wrecked