Student Handyman FS - AK

Sambo

I'm starting Uni on Monday after spending 4 years in Renovations/Construction. I'm going to need to find some ways to keep paying the mortgage, so I'm offering my services to OS. Spent two years doing Bathroom Reno's and am more than happy to consult on such matters :D. I'm happy to work in with you, do as much or as little as you want etc. Cheap rates (varying depending on job). Also very happy to teach you to do it for the future.

Can do:

>Building - Internal/external 

>Basic Plumbing - Swapping taps/toilets to full bathroom fitouts etc

>Plastering/Painting - Not keen on big jobs, patches/cracks etc 

>Landscaping - Concrete paths, retaining etc. No real knowledge of plants sorry

>Basic electrical - Swap switches/powerpoints etc (don't tell your insurance company/was like that when you got it)

>Any Labour - Yup, just need work really.

I am very well aware of my own abilities and limits in all of these areas. I will not take on jobs beyond my skill level and leave you in the shit. I will look at doing bigger jobs like full bathroom renos during holidays.

I'm based on the Shore and I'll travel depending on job and location. Being a student I am not available for 40+ hour weeks, my maximum workday is probably about 4-5 hours before or after lectures.

This is not just for OS, if your Auntie has a leaky tap then tell her to give me a call/text - 021 0249 3707. Text is better, if she calls me during a lecture I'll hang up on her.

Skilled enough to do plumbing stuff for a new bathroom? Boss is converting his rumpus room to bedroom with walk in wardrobe and ensuite. No plumbing available in said rumpus and doesn't neighbour any room with water either. Too hard basket? Could always pass on number for knocking up some walls etc and leave major plumbing to experts maybe?

Depends a bit. Concrete floor? Nothing is impossible, I've done a couple where I've had to break chunks out of the slab. It's pretty expensive though.

Where is he? Could go for a look or give him a buzz or something. Like I said, happy to yarn with cunts about bathrooms.

Happy to do either. I'm not qualified, but am pretty competent. I know the rules regarding bathrooms etc and am perfectly capable of doing a full pipe out from scratch. Again, I won't take it on if it's too hard for me.

That being said, I understand that a lot of people aren't comfortable with an unqualified person doing their plumbing.

I don't touch hot water cylinders or drainage.

Just keep in mind then that you can be prosecuted for doing the plumbing work. And your clients insurance cover will probably be worthless if what you do fails in any way. Not trying to bag your thread, just some jobs should be done be the right people really.