g32b Turbo Conversion on a 1980 n/a g32b Ex Lancer (help)

NelsonEX

Hi,
I am looking into buying a g32b turbo engine out of a GSR Cordia for my 1980 Ex Lancer with a n/a g32b.

My question is will this turbo g32b bolt upto my standard 5spd gearbox or is it a wideblock engine meaing ill need a starion/sigma turbo gearbox?
Cheers Scott

I guessing you mean G62T? (1800ccTurbo)If you are fucking around with a 1600 Cordia Turbo engine then you are the only one, don't bother.

If I recall there was some starter motor to flywheel differences in fwd to rwd conversion, its been a long time but someone else here will fill you in.

We are talking with the turbo on the inlet side?

A nice cheap one is delivered, reconditioned and seller pays you. They only went as good as a normal 1600 with massive problems.

My business partners' Mum bought one new, turbo worked only on that first day, he was a Mitsi tech at the time and they were forever seizing wastegates, blowing turbo seals and even a good one would use a sump of oil going to the coast. Traded as soon as the 1800 ones came out and we still have that 28 years later.

I'd fit a non turbo 1600 or 2000 from a Sigma.

32t with turbo on exhaust side and ECI throttle body injection would be from a box shape Mirage GSR turbo rather than an early Cordia turbo. Either way it's still a turd of an engine and you're better off with a 62t from a Cordia or even just an N/A SOHC 63 from a Sigma/L300 etc.