wannabe's salon (SW20) and smoking lounge (GS131) of nein style

wannabe

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think falcon springs had a inside diamater or 125mm? i think thats what i got and they were 5mm too small and didn't fit over my bumpstop towers.

there may be some different sized ones though. 

just slammmm the hell out of it! haha

Remember this is a full chassis Crown, not an X-chassis car and the springs are pretty large, (and probably a decent amount higher in spring rate..)

If they dont fit your car, I'd hazard a guess theyd be a lost cause in the Crown's...

Messing around with ducting on the MR2 and noticed the interfooler mount tab has broken off :( Who here could repair it? Can post pics if required

Is it plastic?

Plastic welder/repairer?

If alloy someone who can tig?

Messing around with ducting on the MR2 and noticed the interfooler mount tab has broken off :( Who here could repair it? Can post pics if required

If it is plastic - I would recommend All Bumper Repairs in Rongotai.

If it is alloy - I would recommend Kiaora Sheetlmetals in Newtown.

• 3 weeks later...

So finally after about 3 weekends of not getting the time required to work on my own car, we finally got the car lowered and the wheels on in the Crown. 

Went up to Pick a Part with one of the rear springs as a measuring guide to see what would work for the rear. Scouring the truck and van lines meant that the springs either were too short, or not wide enough. Finally scored a piece of gold in the form of rear springs from an AU coon. Perfect fit.

Jammed it in, didn't even need "modification" and it was bang on 100mm and captive! Rolled the car out, and a bunch of big boned mates jumped in the back for a test drive. 

Rode smooth as silk, but it needs a bit of rebalancing as there is a bit of a shake at 100k. And cos the car is underwheeled and undertired, speedo is out by about 10k. But it looks perfect and is exactly the look I was hoping for. We then waxed and cleaned the whole car, and I got to be OCD and cleaned up all the chrome bits and started polishing the wheels. 

This picture was when the back was full of wheels and tools, so the rear is lower, but when all the crud was removed, it sits bang on even! So stoked :)

DSC03132_zps486a2607.jpg

DSC03117_zps45107f62.jpg

Then popped home, did some more cleaning and whacked on some tire shine just to complete the car and yay, it doesn't look like a sack anymore!

DSC03141_zps92f035fe.jpg

DSC03140_zpscb58f05f.jpg

• Like 5