Ned's Slam-Trailer

Ned

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Llama

waaaay off topic... how much flex in that 50x50x3? Could be a good size for my washing line poles, depending on flex. Hard to measure I know, but a rough idea would be good. Chur

Pretty easy to calculate if you reaaaaaaly want.

i wedged up a 3m length and put a bunch of weight on it and it bowed a bit, but i feel it would probably hold me... just didnt wanna try just in case it wont :)

Guest BZG-Bling

Thanks for that. I shouldn't need any calculations done Llama, cheers though. Just wanted to see what sort or flex that might have when under load. Will give me some idea when I go steel shopping later.

Oh man I didn't realise you were making a midget trailer!

it's to go behind the KP, and dont wanna cart a giant trailer around. Also keep in ind my velo bike is monsterous! That bed is ~1.8mx~1.3m

• Like 1

Guest CaMpylobacter

it's to go behind the KP, and dont wanna cart a giant trailer around. Also keep in ind my velo bike is monsterous! That bed is ~1.8mx~1.3m

sizing is around 6x4 roughly? That's an NZ institution :D

quarter acre section and a siks by fo'.

have you put any thought into what type and where you're going to add tie down points or will you ponder that once you're a little further through the proj?

trailers rule me. gotta crack on doing some shit to mine hah.

So i was doing quite well....

IMG_20130323_141401.jpg

See that sheet behind the drop saw? protecting my shit on the shelves?

Pretty sure this isn't supposed to happen :) especially not when you're paying attention to the grinder, not the sheet!

IMG_20130323_152444.jpg

IMG_20130323_152425.jpg

But carried on, and this is as far as i've gotten

IMG_20130323_174200.jpg

So bed is all tacked together, and so is the axle. Just need to get someone to come weld it all up tomorrow (Wez has kindly offered to help) and finish the draw bar.

The stub axles are 1mm too large for the 50x50x6, but they didnt have 50x50x5.5 so will have to see if i can turn it down on the lathe... or just take a bit off with the grinder tomorrow.

The cargo holding front bit, i will do later. I dont want to weld that up until i have the wood decking to go on it.