Ned's Slam-Trailer

Ned

Guest Born Loser

Just curious but is your axle above or below the deck?

If below. Then it wont be slammed much unless your rolling on 10s

If above then you will have the big bad axle stopping you from putting much on the deck. You really dont need to join the two axles together.

Mine aint. and when i had -18 deg camber we towed that to 200kkmhr and it sat beautifully. Even now it tows alright with no camber and 30mm off the ground. Just remove main axle and brace each axle suffciently

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it's above. It's only there to make sure shit lines up and will get cut out once built.

Currently drawn to sit 50mm off the ground. Figured that was low enough and gives enough room for error/loading the car up with heavy shit and not dropping the front on the floor.

• Like 1

Guest LOW'N'SLOW

Crikey . . . how much sweet air you reckon it will get being that small and solid axle? My solid axle trailers do some sweed jumps and thats with low tyre pressure when empty and a bit more mass to them.

Good to hear a beams not going across centre :) can you weld those stubs directly to triangulated tube?

4x114.3, same as the KP. Will run the old KP 3 piece wheels and maybe put all 4 good outers together to make a 9 or 9.5" rim for the trailer... but probably not as it's too much fucking around.

Cam, i only have 1, and it's staying in my garage as it's not worth selling... nobody in their right mind would pay me what it's cost me (so far) so no point in selling it... and def not going to just give it away

Guest BZG-Bling

waaaay off topic... how much flex in that 50x50x3? Could be a good size for my washing line poles, depending on flex. Hard to measure I know, but a rough idea would be good. Chur