1GGE=T

Chuffaneilious

It won't be able to retard ignition to save the pistons if the engine starts to knock if it doesn't have any knock detection...

My 1G is on song at around 3800rpm with a single scroll which is fine as it pulls strongly to a touch over 7500rpm.

The ideal turbo i reckon for good response and top end ability would be something like what will be finding it's way on the mazda which is a evo 9 based TD05HR with TD06-20G wheels (the same as my evo already has) which i will be doing to the starlet if i have any issues with the current single scroll turbo.

1GGE has no knock sensors but the mounting points are there (2 needed in the block under he inlet), 1GGTE and 1GGZE do. 1GGE +T will struggle to run well with a stock 1GGTE ECU and you will need to run the knock sensors, compression will cause the ign to retard to far it will run flat and fail to produce much more power than the 1GGE did stock even with an over sized intercooler. best bet will be to install a set of 1GGTE or 1GGZE pistons and rods, rest of the engine uses very similar parts other than the head gasket. 1GGE gasket WILL NOT TAKE BOOST they just blow and yes I have tried this in a GA60 Celica I owned yeas ago. Still have a few bits for a gen 2 1GGTE floating around (engine loom, complete inlet manifold, injectors, TPS, knock sensors, reproduction steel carbon head gasket) and I think "SAM" has a set of pistons he got off me with a 1GGZE I sold him. Good luck. If you are running an early 1GGE the recirc system may not be compatible with the later stuff. don't forget the fuel pump and a larger radiator might be required to.

• Like 1

1GGE has no knock sensors but the mounting points are there (2 needed in the block under he inlet), 1GGTE and 1GGZE do. 1GGE +T will struggle to run well with a stock 1GGTE ECU and you will need to run the knock sensors, compression will cause the ign to retard to far it will run flat and fail to produce much more power than the 1GGE did stock even with an over sized intercooler. best bet will be to install a set of 1GGTE or 1GGZE pistons and rods, rest of the engine uses very similar parts other than the head gasket. 1GGE gasket WILL NOT TAKE BOOST they just blow and yes I have tried this in a GA60 Celica I owned yeas ago. Still have a few bits for a gen 2 1GGTE floating around (engine loom, complete inlet manifold, injectors, TPS, knock sensors, reproduction steel carbon head gasket) and I think "SAM" has a set of pistons he got off me with a 1GGZE I sold him. Good luck. If you are running an early 1GGE the recirc system may not be compatible with the later stuff. don't forget the fuel pump and a larger radiator might be required to.

How much for those 1ggte injectors, TPS, Knock sensors, and the reproduction steel carbon head gasket?? Keen on them ae.

What did you mean by If you are running an early 1GGE the recirc system may not be compatible with the later stuff??