wanted to borrow - boost gauge

BlownCorona

want to borrow a known accurate boost gauge (or perhaps a tool if one exists?), as ive just put in a pretty nice Autometer ProComp gauge into the charade, and its reading 7psi, when factory boost should be 9.2.

need to work out if my gauge is faulty or something weird is going on with the engine.

on a side note, how would an engine boost less than what its factory wastegate should operate at? im pretty new to turbo systems.

ive got a cheap ass auto gauge or autometer one i picked up from repco to check my set up, can fish it out if ya like?

wastegate flap maybe not fully sealing because its covered in crap on the seat? worn turbo? try gauge at different points in the circuit after the turbo? slight leak at joiners?

i had a shitty repco autogauge one originally and it was boosting to 9.5 on that gauge. but i dont really trust those cheap gauges (though it looks more promising than the topend autometer one haha.)

just need a gauge that someone knows is acurate so i can get a bench mark. ill also check over the turbo and wastegate.

if that gauge you have is accurate then that would be great!

i had a shitty repco autogauge one originally and it was boosting to 9.5 on that gauge. but i dont really trust those cheap gauges (though it looks more promising than the topend autometer one haha.)

just need a gauge that someone knows is acurate so i can get a bench mark. ill also check over the turbo and wastegate.

if that gauge you have is accurate then that would be great!

i would say it would be just as accurate as any other, brand new used for 5min when i got the soarer up and running then biffed in wardrobe i think. i would say the gauge you have would be just as good if new

also is it ever possible for a bov to open under boost? i can hear a woosh sound when it gets to about 7psi, but i pretty sure thats the internal gate opening?

is the bov adjustable? if so maybe wind it up to put more tension on the spring that holds the piston on its seat?