Manual gearbox options for VG30DE?

WhangareiKE70

Hi guys,

Putting a VG30DE in my 720 ute (not currently but in near future). Looking at manual gearbox options, not sure on a few things.

Obviously a manual g/box from a VG30DE or VG30DETT will bolt straight up. What about a VG30DET manual? Also any idea on other g/boxes? Is there a 5 speed from a VG30E or something that would suit?

Not really sure on this.

I saw here: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=32526&p=804817&hilit=vg30de#p804817, that he was planing on using a T5 from behind a Z31's VG30ET? Is this another option or do things need to be customised for this to work?

Any help/suggestions would be great.

Cheers. :)

T5 was factory behind some of them in earlier turbo Z31s, the Nissan code was FS5R90A. Late turbo Z31s had FS5R30As which are the same internals as VG30DETT & RB25DET boxes. You can also get FS5W71C boxes which are pretty much the same internals are RB20DET boxes etc.

I'm not sure what comes in the utes/Narvaras/Pathfinders etc

Nissan used the T5s in the 280ZX turbos and Z31s because they didn't think their gearbox was strong enough but lots of people in the States think the FS5W71C box can actually handle more power and shifts better.

It's easy man, I've never had a column shift box apart though but I can't see the bellhousing being any different. You need an RB bellhousing then you just have to bush one shifter rod hole and fit the bigger C series countershaft bearing.