Thomas' GX71 Hardtop Discussion Thread

PowderJZX

Hey guys

One of my pcylinder is weak! chances are its the compression but then again, there is spark but there's no smoke so it can't be it. I changed the leads, spark plugs, and cap and dist rotors and still nothing (made it an upgrade tho lol).. I'll have it compression tested if i couldn't find it. but my guess is, its the injectors.. well one of them. i put a new sparks in and took #2 out (the weak one) tried smelling it and there's no gasoline smell to it!.. I took it off the road for 2 months and now that i am driving it again, it just started happening. I'll swap injector 2 with injector 1 and see if it changes to #1 piston. and if its not, worst case is the bulb inside..might be corrodade. anyone know what the problem is?

Regards,

Thomas

• 2 weeks later...

For everyone with W#: something I found out when I visited a mate of mine...he's a genius.. most of the W gearboxes get a crunch when you reverse, coz they're too fast for the something to cope or something like that haha.. there's a solution to this problem. you can put it on second gear before you reverse and it'll have no crunch haha.. fixes all your crunch problems when reversing... just quickly slide it onto second gear before you reverse haha .. try it :) i think it goes for any toyota gearbox ....i think..

im pretty sure that works for most gbox. it snothing magic. iirc its just because 2ng gear usually has a syncro in better nik than reverse (or reverse may not have one at all) so you 'borrow' the syncro from 2nd then select reverse

• 3 weeks later...

Haha, I dont even know who, or how people knew I bought it?

True!? I think I like the facelift more!

It turned up tonight, its quite tidy, Im happy.

Haven't even seen it in decent light yet (was dark when I got home from work and it was in the driveway...

with the KZN185 -too many Toyotas around lol)

Yea man that'd be awesome!

no stress, It just looks really good

subtle but definitely noticeable to even the slightest of trained eyes...

• 4 weeks later...
nice, are the other set Star-sharks?/ yours??

195 45 is key size, but you have to be pretty low to pull it off nicely

It's not alot of profile depending on tyre model

hey bro, yes im getting 195 45 on the cert day but for now i have to roll around legal, there's still a few things i wanna get before i get my cert.