Door stuck

drtydog

hey guys my mrs car failed it's wof on the pasanger door not opening. now i've done the usual and pulled the door card off as much as i can and checked the linkages and from what i can see it looks like the door latch has rusted and siezed. so any ideas on how to get the door open to replace it?

commodores suffer the same problem,

to get it open just work the handle until it catchs then remove the latch mechanism and free it up penetrol works good,

try both inside and outside handles too as sometimes one applies more pressure on the mechanism than the other

If its not rust, Is it central locking as the actuator may not be going full movement.

If this is the case then you may have to try and force the unlock mechanism as it may only need another couple of mm to open?

Depending on what sort of locking it is depends how easy this is to do, this is what I had to do for one of my cars to get the door fully open so i could get the door card off to replace it, it took several minutes and pulling the button while someone else locked unlocked the via the key.