chrom trim removal

craw

Hi all i have a 1986 mk2 cortina that im in the prosess of stripping so i can panel and paint it

what is the best way to remove the chrom trim around the door tops and roof sills is the a special tool or am i better to leave them on and mask them off

thanks people

they should remove easily enough, from memory the bottom has a smaller lip than the top so lift from the bottom around the gutter, a flat screw driver is al you need, start lifting the bottom lip off from the body from one end once it starts coming off dont pull it at all just keep easing the bottom lip off all the way - this applies to the roof/ gutters

How are the door top chromes attached? might be clips? can be pushed from inside of the door?

the door trims are easy to damage so be very careful. do some hunting on the web, i remember seeing a how to for a mk2, and the dude used a small wooden wedge to pry them off.

the sill chrome is held on with little clip things so just use something to pry it away from the car and it will pop off.

• 3 weeks later...